THE HERITAGE OF THE PAST
We are a team of specialists with many years of experience in the field of bookbinding of prestigious editorial products who have joined the Zanardi Workers’ Cooperative. We were born as employees of the historic Zanardi Publishing Group, a company founded in the 1960s and which over time has established itself both nationally and internationally thanks to the technical and production skills of its workers. It has also developed a new book structure called Octavius, for which it owns the patent rights. Unfortunately, the profound change in the market, following the international crisis of 2008, decreed the decline of the Group which saw its end in 2014 with the tragic death of one of the two owners.
A NEW FUTURE
Our story could have ended with the liquidation of the company but we did not want to give up on the idea of losing what was built over so many years of work. Aware of our technical skills, we got involved personally by founding the Zanardi Workers’ Cooperative in May 2014. Many historical customers, whom we sincerely thank, have renewed their trust in us, allowing us to continue to bind some of the most beautiful and exclusive books that can be found on the market. This encourages us to continue our work with passion, which has as its strengths the love for books, attention to detail, punctuality in deliveries and customer satisfaction … even the most demanding
TECHNOLOGY AND CRAFTSMANSHIP: A WINNING COMBINATION
Despite being equipped with a state-of-the-art machine park, the Zanardi Workers’ Cooperative has retained its peculiarity as a business with a strong artisan connotation by maintaining a range of diversified and particular processes and investing in the continuous search for new products.
For this reason, alongside the best that current technology can offer in the field of hardcover binding, there are machines built in the company workshop, which allow the preparation of unusual format books and also the manufacture of original products.
The machine park currently consists of :.
- 3 linear cutting lines (maximum entrance 176 cm – 137 cm – 115 cm)
- 7 folding machines max entry 102 cm (102 cm – 94 cm – 81 cm – 78 cm – 78 cm – 45 cm – 45 cm)
- 2 thread sewing machines in line with the collection of 27 stations (Aster 2000, maximum size 32x42H cm)
- 2 thread sewing machines in line with the collection of 24 stations (Astronic 180 maximum size 32x56H cm)
- 2 Magnum sewing machines for oversized formats (Maximum size 44 × 61.5H cm)
- 2 complete lines of spine gluing and embedding, for hardcover books. (A cardboard line, maximum format 27.5x35H cm both round and square spine; a cardboard line for low thickness volumes, maximum format 29x38H cm maximum thickness 2.5 cm)
- 1 Smyth casing machine (Only books with square spine maximum format 32 × 38.4H cm)
- 1 casing machine for oversized formats (This is a custom-built machine that can collect up to a maximum size of cm 43.5 x 60.5 H)
- 2 cellophane wrapping lines (CMC with perimeter closure)
- 1 complete line for Octavius packaging consisting of a 30-station collection and 2 Octavius machines for packaging. (Maximum size cm 30 × 45 H)
- 3 hot stamping machines (1 Platen maximum size 70 × 100 cm, 1 Sarolia maximum size 50 × 70 cm, 1 automatic Kolbus maximum size about 50 × 30 cm, 1 manual Kolbus that we mainly use for sampling or to perform small die-cuts on finished volumes)
- Department for samples where there is a small stapler, a gluing machine that can work with both delayed hot glue and cold-vinyl glue
- 2 cover machines (standard and oversized)
- 1 cardboard cutting machine
- 1 HDS trilateral machine
- 1 Petrato folding, gluing and creasing machine