The inheritance Of the Past
We are a team of experts from a pluriennale experience in the field of the bindery of publishing products of merit that we are united in the Zanardi’s Workers Cooperative. We are born as employees of the historical Publishing Group Zanardi, a firm been born in the years ’60 and that in the time it is affirmed both to national level and international thanks to the technical ability and realizzativa of the own maestranzes. We have also developed in really a new structure book, denominated Octavius, of which it holds the rights of brevet. Unfortunately, the depth change of the market, following the 2008 international crisis, it has decreed the decline of the Group that has seen his end in 2014 with the tragic disappearance of one of the two holders.
FOR A NEW FUTURE
Our history could have ended with the liquidation of the firm but we did not want to accept the idea of losing all that had been built in so many years of hard work. Aware of our technical competences we have personally risked there founding in May of 2014 the Zanardi’s Workers Cooperative. Many historical clients, who we thank sincerely, have renewed their trust allowing us to keep on binding books among the most beautiful and exclusive in the market. This encourages us to continue with passion our job, focusing on the love for books, the care for the detail, the punctuality in the deliveries and the client’s satisfaction, even the most demanding ones.
Technology and craftsmanship: a binomial winner
Despite being equipped with a cutting-edge machinery, Zanardi Workers’ Cooperative has preserved its professional characteristics with a strong handicraft connotation, maintaining a range of diversified and specific processes, and investing in the continuous search for new products.
For this reason, next to what the best current technology can offer in the cardboard binding business, machinery built in the company’s workshop are operating in order to unable you to manufacture books of unusual format and create original products.
The in-house machinery is currently composed of:
- 3 linear cuting lines (maximum entry 176 cm – 137 cm – 115 cm)
- 7 benders machines (maximum in cm 102 cm)
- 2 sewing machines, in line with the collection of 27 stations (Aster 2000, maximum size 32 x 42 cm)
- 2 sewing machines, in line with the collection of 24 stations (Aster 51 and Astronic 180 maximum size 32 x 42 cm)
- 2 Magnum sewing machines for off-shapes (Max. Size 44 x 61,5 cm)
- 2 complete lines for gluing spines and for the casing in of cardboard books. (A bind in boards line, maximum size 27.5 x 35 cm for both round and flat spines, a bind in boards line for low-thickness volumes, maximum size 29 x 38 cm, maximum thickness cm 2.5 cm)
- 1 Smyth casing in machine (only flat spine books maximum size 32 x 38,4 cm)
- 1 pick-up machine for extra-large books (This is a custom-made machine that manages to case in up to a maximum size of 43.5 x 60.5 cm)
- 2 lines of foil wrapping machines (CMC with perimeter closure)
- 1 full line for Octavius patent concept books. Consisting in a collection of 30 stations and 2 machines for Octavius packaging. (Maximum size 30 x 45 cm)
- 3 debossing machines (1 Platinum format maximum 70 x 100 cm, 1 Sarolia maximum size 50 x 70 cm, 1 automatic Kolbus maximum size about 50 x 30 cm, 1 manual Kolbus we mainly use for sampling or for small die-cutting on finished volumes)
- A complete sample department with is a small stapler, a gluing unit that can work with both hot latex and cold-vinyl glue